Cooktop Cove: Watch how to make slow cooker balsamic chicken
Balsamic vinegar is a brilliant ingredient that becomes sweeter and mellower with cooking. Its complex sharp/sweet flavor means that it adds real interest to a fairly straightforward dish, and makes its presence known but in an understated way. Chicken thighs are used here, for more flavor and richness than breast, but don't hesitate to use chicken breast if that's what you have.
Slow cooker balsamic chicken
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours, 5 minutes
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 medium white onion, sliced
1 pound baby carrots, topped
1 pound green beans,cut and trimmed
½ cup (120 ml) balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
1. Pour oil on bottom of 6-quart slow cooker, then add garlic. Add in carrots and then chicken thighs on top of carrots.
2. Whisk together vinegar, honey, garlic powder, rosemary salt and pepper. Pour mixture over chicken and carrots.
3. Place sliced onion on top of chicken.
4. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours. Add green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
5. Serve with freshly chopped parsley as garnish.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove